Re: Building Apache 2.2 without IPv6

Krist,

First of all I came here for help with disabling IPv6 not a testimony from other users on how useful it is for a small LAN.

Give me one good reason why IPv6 is useful for a small home LAN where I can use 192.168.0.0/16 and have more IP's then I can use.

I want to do this so all my daemons are listening on IPv4, so that my Home Router can deal with it as it doesn't support IPv4 over IPv6 and vice versa.
All,

I want to build Apache 2.2.14 without any referrence to IPv6. I have removed IPv6 support from the Kernel, because I find it useless on a small home LAN.

How would I tell apr to leave out IPv6 when compiling?

The first question is why do you want to do this? And why, If this is
just a small home LAN are you even compiling apache yourself.
(And actually IPv6 can be very usefull on a home lan, but that's another story)

Jeff,

I have done the below with --disable-ipv6 in my configure options, but it still builds it with IPv6 Enabled.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 12:43 AM, Daniel Reinhardt
How would I tell apr to leave out IPv6 when compiling?

Add --disable-ipv6 to your configure options.