Re: Reverse proxying is problematic

Peter: Well, I'm an intern so I'm supposed to be "learning"..or something like.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Peter Schober <peter.schober@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Robert Schenck <robschenck416@xxxxxxxxx> [2009-12-02 12:46]:
> I have to use Apache, I don't have a choice (says my employer).

This was just meant as a heads up: depending on the publisher you
might have to rewrite most everything (URLs, HTML content, Cookies,
_javascript_, etc.), and every publisher does things differently.
If your employer really thinks reinventing this poorly is time and
money well spent (vs. using something that is known to just work),
then so be it.
(Not that I actually promote the use of aforementioned product, since
that will only prolong the misuse of IP-addresses for authorization
purposes. SAML is the standard way of accessing publisher resources
online, of course.)
-peter