Re: SSL on Apache 2.2.14

On Nov 25, 2009, at 2:24 PM, John J. Consolati wrote:

> Here are the build commands I've tried:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/home/consolati1/apache/httpd-2.2.14/installed --enable-static-support --enable-ssl --with-ssl=/home/consolati1/openssl/openssl-0.9.8l/installed --with-mpm=prefork
>
> ./configure --prefix=/home/consolati1/apache/httpd-2.2.14/installed/ --enable-ssl --with-ssl=/home/consolati1/openssl/openssl-0.9.8g/installed/   (currently using this one)

One remark about your build: your earlier ldd output had some /usr/ucb stuff in it, which may be the result of your having /usr/ucb in your PATH.  You might try building with /usr/ccs/bin in your PATH before /usr/ucb to take advantage of some utilities a little more modern.

I ran into this when building Subversion on a new VM:

http://www.temme.net/sander/2009/04/28/building-subversion-with-sun-workshop/

No idea how this would impact your build.

S.