Re: SSL on Apache 2.2.14

On 11/25/2009 03:03 PM, John J. Consolati wrote:
Just checked into it further, and the ldd might not be a problem (I think?)

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH env variable is being set to a location where the /wrong/path files are. Is that a good enough solution?

As far as the Apache configuration, it is correct to my knowledge...I followed the appropriate directions on the Apache site. SSLCertificateFile points to my server.crt, SSLCertificateKeyFile points to my private.key, and SSLCACertificateFile points to my intermediate.crt...

Thanks,
John

John,

As far as I know and recall, SSLCACertificateFile is only to be used on Apache 1.x as Apache 2.x uses SSLCertificateChainFile. I don't remember having ANY luck using SSLCACertificateFile on 2.x

SSLCACertificateFile is to be used for Client Authentication. You're not doing client auth are you? Have you tried this other directive yet?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslcacertificatefile
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslcertificatechainfile