Re: Request concurrency issue

Nicholas Sherlock wrote:
Toomas Aas wrote:
Say, I open a browser and enter request for http://mysite.com/LargeTextFile.txt

The file begins to load in the browser window.

While the file is loading, I open another browser tab and enter the same request there. The file in second tab doesn't begin to load until it has completed loading in the first tab.

This is what I'd expect if your server was sending directives to your browser which indicated that it could just download the file once and display it from its local cache for the second tab - i.e. there is no point in downloading it twice. What headers are you sending? Check with something like the "Live HTTP Headers" plugin for Firefox.

And the trivial workaround is to have your client add some random number on to the query string:

http://mysite.com/LargeTextFile.txt?a=123890127
http://mysite.com/LargeTextFile.txt?a=189471401

This also prevents some misguided cache from caching the result.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock