Re: Using named pipe in Apache directory

Doug McNutt wrote:

To test it,

1. I set up a named pipe a.file
2. I execute   cat < index.html > a.file
3. I open a browser and try to access http://localhost/a.file

However, when I tried to do this, I found apache just simply close the
connection and the browser stay blank.

Since no one more familiar with apache than I has answered. . .

I hadn't seen the OP ...

Anyway, apache's default handler serves a file.  If you want to serve
from a pipe, you'll need another handler.  Or an alternative such as
a CGI script.

Having said that, it looks like enabling a pipe should be a
very straightforward hack to the default handler.  Just test
r->finfo.filetype for a pipe, and if it is, make a pipe bucket
of it (and avoid inappropriate ops like setting Content-Length
or Last-Modified from the finfo).

--
Nick Kew