Re:

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Stephen Love <stephenlove@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, now we're getting somewhere... just ENOUGH to eliminate the path
> inbetween... I'd just like to ask APACHE for a unique signature of the
> machine sending the message to compare it against others. Nothing more,
> nothing less.
>

> See us online at http://www.LOVEnCompany.com.

Well, see my most recent message, but just to summarize, apache can't
uniquely identify the end machine on it's own, all it has is what that
machine send to it, which is IP packet, which contains the TCP packet,
which contains the HTTP packet, none of which include (on their own) a
unique identifier for the end machine. The best you can do with just
these protocols is generate a unique id, send it to the client, and
ask them to send it back. You can do this using cookies, or by
encoding the id in the URL. But either way, you're relying on the end
user to cooperate (i.e., send back the same identifier). If you're
looking for something that they can't reasonably fake or alter without
your knowing, you'll need a crypto protocol like TLS (again, see my
last message).

-Brian

Key Id: 0x3AA70848
Available from: http://keys.gnupg.net