Re: apache 2.2.13 ssl problem: wrong certificate being served

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 7:41 PM, Joseph S <jks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now here's the kicker: When I click through the warning in Firefox my logs
> show that I am going to the second virtual host, the one with the
> that *.a certificate, even though I'm using the *.* certificate.  So how is
> it apache is sending me to the correct virtual host but serving up the wrong
> certificate?

At the moment that the SSL handshake takes place apache does not yet
know which Virtual Host you want to be served by, so it used the
certificate of the first host.

Read this:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ssl/ssl_faq.html#vhosts2

Krist