RE: Requesting help with Smart Card Client Certificate Authentication issue.

So for testing, are you asking I move SSLVerifyClient + SSLVerifyDepth to the entire virtual host directive?

e.g.
<VirtualHost _default_:443>

#   General setup for the virtual host
DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs"
ServerName rd-db.cnd.hp.com:443
ServerAdmin admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx
ErrorLog "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/logs/error.log"
TransferLog "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/logs/access.log"

#   SSL Engine Switch:
#   Enable/Disable SSL for this virtual host.
SSLEngine on
SSLVerifyClient require
SSLVerifyDepth 10

<Location />