Re: Help with apache reporting the wrong Port number

On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 11:10 +0100, Gareth Brown wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Sorry if this is a known issue, but I have searched Google/forums etc
> and found no clear answer.
>
> *The problem I have
> *My Apache is accepting http traffic on port 81, but reporting it as
> port 80 - via the PHP command:
> $port=$_SERVER['SERVER_PORT']
>
> I am doing it through a F5 Big-IP load balancer, and I think the problem
> is either an apache config, or a big-ip config for how it sends the data
> to apache.
>
> *My Setup*
> The Big-IP intercepts http traffic and forwards in on to port 80
> it also intercepts https traffic on port 443, decrypts it and send it on
> via http on port 81
>
> My website then checks if it is on port 81, so I know traffic is secure.
>

> *What I have tried*
>
> If I put an iis (yuck) server behind the Big IP instead of apache and it
> reports 80 and 81 correctly
>
> If I put apache back behind the big-ip it reports both port 80 and port
> 81 as being port 80
>
> If I stop apache running on port 80, and send data to port 81, it still
> reports as port 80
>

> Has anyone seen this before, or is it just something I've messed up some
> place?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Gareth

Apache normally uses information supplied by the client to produce
self-referential URIs. See the following directives for details on how
to change that.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#usecanonicalname
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#servername
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#usecanonicalphysicalport