My virtualhost config:

<VirtualHost *:443>
                     ServerName portal-des
                     DocumentRoot /srv/www/portal-des

                     HostnameLookups Off
                     UseCanonicalName Off
                     ServerSignature Off

                    SSLEngine on
                    SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl.crt/portal-des.crt
                    SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl.key/portal-des.key

             # DO I NEED TO UNCOMMENT THESE LINES?
                     # SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
                     #CustomLog logs/ssl_request_log \
                    #    "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"
                    # SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/apache2/ssl.crt/DigiCertCA.crt

                    <Directory /srv/www/portal-des >
                       Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
                            AllowOverride None
                            Order Deny,Allow
                            Deny from all
                    </Directory>

                    <Directory /srv/www/portal-des/sivace >
                             Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
                                  AllowOverride None
                                  Order Deny,Allow
                                  Allow from all
                    </Directory>

                    ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/portal-error_log
                    CustomLog /var/log/apache2/portal-access_log combined

                    JkMount /lenf balancer
                    JkMount /lenf/* balancer

                    JkMount /counter balancer
                    JkMount /counter/* balancer