Re: Restarting Individual Sites

Chance,

You can issue a simple apachectl graceful, and the new site will be visible.

Chance Ervin wrote:
Server version: Apache/2.2.13 (Unix)

After looking through related apache forums, I am unable to find whether it
is possible just to reload a individual site through Apache without
restarting the entire Apache process. Basically, I am looking for a way to
be able to stop/start/restart a site in the same manner that IIS allows this
to happen.

I would like to be able to bring down a certain site without having to bring
down all the sites that depend on the Apache service.

It seems that an edit to the config file with a graceful restart of Apache
may do the trick but that introduces risk that a mistake was made in the
file and only found after trying to restart. Any help being guided in the
right direction would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Chance Ervin