Re: .htaccess files not working from internet? intranet access fine

What denies you access, squid or apache?

Not sure about this one which is why initially I came here in the first place but it looks like I have eliminated apache as the culprit since internally I can gain access to .htaccess uname/passwd files no probs.

Issue is with WAN connection so it seems like Squid is denying me access, however from what I read Squid has nothing to do with .htaccess at all but since Squid analyzes http headers etc I think it seems a more viable culprit to blame then Apache.

When you request a file that you get denied access to, what exactly gets
printed to the apache error log? If nothing is printed there, then your
problem is with squid (see you on squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :). If you have something printed there, let us know and we can help.

Nothing gets printed meaning that issue is Squid as mentioned above :-)

Of course an expert opinion meaning second opinion is always a good idea but I think that everyone here would concur that I should approach the Squid mailing list.....

Thanks for everyone's help time to go to Squid :-)

Cheers

Tom

Kaya