Re: Can't map DAV network place to network drive

Neil Aggarwal wrote:

On my client machine (Windows XP SP3), I am
able to add the https location as a network place.

Yes.

But, when I go to map the network place as a network
drive, I can browse to the network place and see
the folders, but the OK button is always greyed
out.

No. Err, yes.

Is there something wrong in my Apache config
or is Windows being obtuse?

It is Windows being obtuse.
It is not possible to map a http or https "network place" to a "drive".
The basic reason is that the MS-Windows implementation of Dav (or "web folders" as they call it), is only skin-deep. Basically, it works inside the Windows (disk) Explorer, and in some other programs via a special DLL, but it is not really implemented at the OS level. So in the Windows Explorer you can drag and drop files to and from your Dav folders, but you will not be able, for example, to save a file there directly from Notepad's "Save As.." function, because Notepad just "does not see" that folder.

Solution : there exist a couple of "Dav Client programs for Windows", available commercially (and not very expensive). They do what Windows does not do, and allow you to connect a real Windows "drive letter" to a Dav folder on a server.
Then you can use any Windows program to read/write from that drive.

<http://lmgtfy.com?q=Dav+Client+programs+for+Windows>

(I love that page)