Re: TCP Connections per hostname?

If I understand your question right, I believe most browsers open 2 or 3 max TCP connections per host/domain.

regards
JB

From:raulmt <raulmt@xxxxxxxxx>
To:users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:09/06/2009 02:36 PM
Subject: TCP Connections per hostname?

Hi,

I use Apache as a loadbalancer of Tomcat instances using mod_jk. The IP in
which Apache is has many hostnames and the final application (in Tomcat)
sends a different response depending on the hostname (Header Host) of the
request.

I used Jmeter on this server using only one hostname and with sufficient
number of threads the connections just hangs. The strange thing is that when
this happens, I can't successfully request the site with a normal browser (I
suppose that's spected because there are many tcp connections open) BUT if I
use another hostname (that points to the same server) I can request the site
as usual. The other hostname just stop responding until I restart Apache.
Does this mean that the max tcp connections are independent on the hostname?

Sorry if my english isn't very good. Just tell me if you didn't understand
my question, please.

Regards.