Question about JBOSS and what is best

Guys,

I am need to understand something that an admin did here, that is no longer with us. We have several apps that are using JBOSS with Apache Frontend. On the Apache side they are suppose to be the same, but they aren't. We have a total of Six Servers in area that are running Apache as I stated with JBOSS, but on three of the server he set up the boxes to use worker.properties file for the load balancing and on the others he used  apj proxy balancer, we were told they need to be same. Why would one use mod_ajp over mod_jk?

The reason I am asking the boxes with the mod_jk worker.properties works nicely, but the boxes with the proxy_balancer are having issue with cause a bunch of alerts that they are down when they aren't. I am looking to see what I can do to fix this issue.

CHUCK PAYNE |  Unix System Administrator

TRAVEL CHANNEL MEDIA
3700 Mansell Rd, Suite 500
Alpharetta, GA 30022
Office: 404-269-5533
Blackberry: 770-940-7765
email:chuck.payne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CATCH IT  |  travelchannel.com

Need IT help?  Go to http://Keystoneweb.corp.cox.com
Or contact us at Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx / 301-244-7777
Cox Communications Help Desk (24 X 7 X 365): 800-637-3545
This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the person to whom (or entity to which) it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, copying, dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The contents of this message may contain personal views that are not the views of The Travel Channel, L.L.C.

TRAVEL BUG EFFECT: Craving for a Challenge
Man V Food, Wednesdays at 10PM E/P
CATCH IT  |  travelchannel.com