Re: mod_disk_cache and caching same content for all users

Quoting "Nick Kew" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Read the HTTP spec!  The server has declared that it will serve a
*different* page to a different user agent.

If that's for the web - as opposed to an application that's limited
to your choice of user-agents, then it's certainly wrong.
Either it's bogus (i.e. the server will do no such thing)
or BAD (Broken As Designed).  So getting rid of it would be a
very good idea.

Thanks for that. Not sure what you're saying WRT my question, but can I infer from what you're saying that you cannot force caching of same content for all user-agents?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there doesn't seem to be much point in mod_disk_cache if it's not caching for all across the board.

Would be nice to be able to this at the server level -- my next option is to simply perform application-level caching and be done with it.

Thanks
Henry