Re: DBDPersist Off in vhost causes startup error log entries

Nick Kew wrote:

> Problem: The user has got a confusing error message.
>
> Diagnosis: apr_dso_load and apr_dso_sym on Windows platform
> return an OS error instead of an APR error on failure.
>
> As an APR user, mod_dbd handles the APR errors APR_EDSOOPEN
> and APR_ESYMNOTFOUND and gives the user a tailored error
> message.  That was based on the behaviour of unix/apr_dso.

Apparently, the macro APR_STATUS_IS_ESYMNOTFOUND etc aren't
correctly defined or utilized.

It is against APR practice to remap errors; the error results
from the apr_dso interface are correct.  I'd be strongly -1 to
changing this practice.

It is consistent with APR practice to define APR_STATUS_IS tests
to capture the wide diversity of practices on different OS's,
this started with EAGAIN vs EWOULDBLOCK and has grown more
complex from year to year.

If you want to ensure we have the appropriate DSO-related
APR_STATUS_IS tests and use those within apu_dso, +1!