Not working: Rewrite from HTTPS to HTTP

Hi All,

I have a situation where my web application is throwing errors because of some problems with the SSL certificate. I want to redirect https requests to http till the certificate problems are resolved.

At first, I modified my redirect to HTTPS rule

From: RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [NC,R,L]
To: RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://%{HTTP_HOST}/$1 [NC,R,L]

When I tried to access the site using https, it seemed from the status bar that the browser was loading the page over and over but the contents page would show only a blank white screen. There is no end, this just keeps repeating.

I googled and found a lot of other options but they don't seem to work. I tried

1:
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} ^443$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://mysite.com/$1 [R,L]

2:
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} ^443$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} on
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://mysite.com/$1 [R,L]

3:
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} ^443$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} on
RewriteRule (.*) <http://%>{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI}

None of these seem to be working. The browser still takes me to the https URL for the web app.

Please could someone help?

Thanks,
Pradeep