Re: Re: WELCOME to users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 1:09 PM, André Warnier <aw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sudheer Puppala wrote:
Hi

  I am java/flex programmer since 1yrs. I have a requirement of write a
handler at apache http server side using perl.

Hi.
The good news is that it sounds perfectly feasible.
The bad news is that you are on the wrong list.
Go to this website : http://perl.apache.org
Click on the link "Mailing lists" at the left, and follow the instructions to subscribe to the mod_perl Users mailing list.  Then repost your request there.

One other maybe bad news, is that you'll have to learn at least some basic perl.  Writing mod_perl handlers is not very complicated, but does require some basic perl knowledge.  The people on the mod_perl list are nice, but not generally interested in teaching the basics of perl programming.

(My own personal view is that perl and mod_perl are great, and that it is definetely worth the effort of learning to use them, if you want to do interesting things with Apache.  But then, many people would probably disagree. But then also, these are generally people who don't know perl and mod_perl.)

I completely agree with what André said, however the fact that you need java to decode the file worries me a bit.
Maybe it would be more feasible to deploy a java application on tomcat to handle serving and decoding the video content.

Just my .2 cents. If you can decode in perl I recommend you go the mod_perl way!