RE: Question about Server Side Includes

Then please change the subject - it helps archival threading.

> I have a web server configured for https with SSL certificates etc.
> Now I want it to block all http access and only allow https.
> Someone told me that I needed to block port 80 on the web server.
>
> The question is: How do I do that?

You don't really "block" it, you just don't serve it. So you just remove
your VH that serves port 80, leaving only the VH that serves port 443.

However, this will mean users coming to http://your-site/ will get a
"server not listening" error at the network layer. So probably, you want
to redirect them to https://your-site/

If so, see http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/RedirectSSL

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Is it a config item somewhere in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf ?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Freddy Jensen, Sr. Computer Scientist, Adobe Systems Incorporated
> 345 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95110-2704, USA, Ph: (408) 536-2869
> Email: jensen@xxxxxxxxx, URL: http://www.adobe.com
> --

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks.