Re: Serving partial data of in-memory common data set

--- On Tue, 7/28/09, Jonathan Zuckerman <j.zuckerman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jonathan,

> > As I have stated before
>
> Don't get snippy,

I think you are trying to be a mind reader. I was happy
for the response I got and was trying to have an impersonal
technical discussion. It is unfortunate that you are
looking for things that weren't there.

> you're asking for free technical consulting on a matter
> that's not even really pertinent to this mailing
> list

These are forums for technical discussions. People asking
questions contribute as much as people answering, although
people answering are definitely adding better value.

If you feel that some how you are dispensing free technical
advise, remember you are doing so of your free volition.
But, if you feel otherwise, then please do me a favour and
spare me of your 'free technical consultation'.

I looked at all the available lists and as a user of
apache thought that this may be the appropriate list,
but if you think otherwise, let me know what is the
appropriate list and I will take the discussion there.

> I think you'll have to describe your application more
> precisely if you
> want more advice, particularly this last sentence:
>
> > I would like to cache the file store which is
> > read-only, but I am hesitant to cache mysql data as
> > much of it is dynamic and needs several updates with
> > each request.

May be I have to add some more details to bring a bit of
clarity to the discussion.

Thanks