Re: Transparent Proxy Server Installation

Hi all.

The basic configuration is as follows

  (1)               (2)                       (3)                    (4)
Users -------- switch -------- (eth2 ------ eth0) ------ WWW

Users located in (1) will access WWW via http Apache server in (3).

For non-transparent proxy, every user across the proxy has to set up
proxy configuration

by putting proxy IP address. Again, I just want to make users access
WWW without the setup.

In other words, (3) proxy should be transparent.

For example, if I only need a proxy for general usage(e.g.caching), I
may be able to use Squid

software, not Apache. However, my intention of the proxy is more than that.

Currently I am using mod_proxy_http where I put some code for looking
at each html data and modify

it if necessary. Of course, I have added other functionality too.

Is this enough information to answer to my question?

Thanks in advance.