Re: Need some advises with logs

Hello Doug and thx for this solution but I prefer a solution with the setenv in httpd.conf.

2009/7/18 Doug McNutt <douglist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
At 20:21 +0200 7/18/09, Dario wrote:
i would like to know how to log and only log the GoogleBot Image request on my website. I do not want to log anything else. Could you help me please because i am a bit lost with customlogs and setenv...

I have been doing just the opposite - getting rid of the 'bot' entries in the apache log provided by my hosting service, pair.com. The result is a perl script that I have made publicly available at:

<ftp://ftp.macnauchtan.com/Pair/robots.pl>

It will require modification but the perl code is simple with nothing special in use. I'm pretty sure the daily logs provided by Pair are just the apache default.

--

--> A fair tax is one that you pay but I don't <--