Re: 301 redirects

Hi Donovan,

I am mainly trying to ensure that some existing urls work and point to the
new site.

The content of the old site is so out of date that it will be removed from
search engines, but I need to keep some fo the old links working as specific
pages are linked to from other external sites and are published in printed
material.

So a simple mechanism to ensure some of the old links redirect to the
appropriate page on the new site is the primary importance.

The old sites are running a very old verion of typo3 which i wish to remove
once our new site goes live (there are 10 different installations) so i
thought a htaccess file would be a simple way to manage and keep some of the
old links working (by redirecting)

Am I going about this wrong way? is there a different way?

Cheers

Janus