Windows rotatelogs, cmd.exe permission

Apache 2.2.11
Windows Server 2003 R2 x64

Hello all,
I've searched the archives and only found confirmation of what my problem is,
but no solutions.  I am trying to configure apache httpd in such a way that
logs are rotated on a daily basis, and the server is not shut down when doing
so.  Currently I am using piped output to the rotatelogs.exe process to do so.
So far so good, right?  Not so fast...
I currently have httpd running as a windows service, logging on as a restricted
user called "webserver".  That account is very restricted in the folders that
it can read/execute.  In order to follow the security policy, the webserver
account needs to be configured so that it cannot access cmd.exe.  When httpd
runs on windows and uses piped output to a log file, it creates a named piped
and launches a "shell (cmd.exe)" to run the executable.  FAIL!
Windows does not seem to have the "apachectl graceful" command that unix does.
The only solution that I see is to run apache, where it writes straight to a
log file, write a script that shuts down httpd, moves the log file and restarts
httpd.  I'd rather not do that, as my server gets a lot of traffic during all
hours of the day.  Currently the server is not clustered.

Any solutions? (and don't say move to Linux, I wish I could).

-Phil