Re: modules need to enable to setup https at apache level

ravindra wrote:
Hi Everybody

We are load balancing the Struts2 application running in Tomcat6 using
Apache (apache 2.2) web server. To implement it we have enabled mod_jk. Both
Tomcat6 and Apache are on the same host right now. We want to access Struts2
application securely through https. So I enabled mod_ssl module, I am able
to access static part of my site securely but when I try to access struts2
application it's not accessible.
How to transfer https request through apache to tomcat? Do I need to add any
other modules?

Let's maybe simplify this first :
If you are planning to always access Tomcat through Apache httpd, and if the connection between Apache httpd and background Tomcat(s) is always on the same host, or using a link that is internal and secure, then you do not need to have Tomcat also use SSL/HTTPS. You can make your clients connect via HTTPS to Apache, and Apache/mod_jk use a non-SSL AJP connection to Tomcat.
That would be easier and more efficient.

If on the other hand, you absolutely want the Apache http -to Tomcat connection to be SSL, you can configure that also, but it is more complicated.

In any case, start here for the mod_jk configuration directives :
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/
and pick the item :
Generic HowTo .. for the impatient

Then, if you have more questions, start by explaining this phrase above : "..but when I try to access struts2 application it's not accessible"
How are you trying to access it, and what happens ?
Also provide some details about your Apache httpd and mod_jk configuration, to allow people to help you without having to guess too much.