Re: Proxy mode with Cert Auth

* Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <luis.daniel.lucio@xxxxxxxxx> [2009-06-30 23:29]:
> I have know an apache as inverse proxy https server.  But now that server has
> included Cert authentication in aplication.  The problem is that now apache
> does not proxy, is there any configuration to let support authentication?

Is this the same question you sent to this list on 2009-05-28?
I'm not sure what you're asking this time either.

You can authenticate the proxy itself to the proxied server (the
application) if the latter requires client cert authentication:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslproxymachinecertificatefile
This way http user agents don't need a client certificate, but then
the application only ever sees the proxy's cert, not the user agent's.
This may or may not be what you want.

And you can certainly protect the reverse proxy (or just the proxied
location on the proxy) like any other ressource (mod_auth_* and third
party friends): http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/howto/auth.html

But unless you can rephrase the problem statement (and what exactly
you're trying to achive) it's hard to know if that is what you need.
-peter