Re: Help with CharSet

Tiago Becker wrote:
Hi. Sorry if i wanst clear :-(

Yes, with a static page it works, data coming from the databse works,
it doesnt work only with ajax (prototype).

I'm thinking its an apache miss configuration because it all work in
the other machine (same prototype version, apache, different
ubuntu)... The special (or accentuated) char i mean is like ã or é...

The most annoying thing is that it usually replaces those chars with a
? char, and in this case, it replaces them with the an image (?!,
attached)...

Let's forget the Ajax stuff for a minute, since you say it works on another machine with the same pages etc..

What is "behind" this Apache, to deliver the pages that are not static ?

I mean, the static pages come correctly from Apache, so it seems that Apache itself is not doing anything wrong.

If there is some application behind Apache which is producing that data that appears wrong, then it is probably that application which is the problem. If it is some separate kind of process, check to see if the "locale" under which that application is started, is the same as on the other machine(s) where it works.

By the way, there is nothing "special" about the ã or é characters. They are valid iso-8859-1 characters just like any others. It is just to our alphabet-challenged English-speaking friends that they look special.
:-)