Re: WebDAV and Windows (Vista) User

Michelle Konzack wrote:
Am 2009-06-26 15:13:43, schrieb Peter Schober:
* Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2009-06-26 14:13]:
I have setup WebDAV and it works perfectly under Debian und  Windows XP,
but HOW can I reach it under Windows Vista?
This is hardly a question for a httpd list, is it?
Did you even STFW?

It is all setup correctly, I can access the WebDAV  volume  from  Linux,
but the autentication does not work on Windows Vista.  So, maybe it is a
Vista/Apache related problem and someone here know the solution?

NB: I have searched the Web, and tried out several solution, but nothing
    is working.

Long shot, but still :
By default, Vista is set to do NTLM v2 authentication for HTTP, and to not allow Basic authentication. Since everything is more or less interrelated nowadays in Windows, the corresponding setting in IE may also carry through to the (buggy) HTTP client that the Windows Explorer uses to access "web folders" through HTTP. Use "Internet Settings" in IE, find the "allow basic authentication" checkbox, allow it, and try again.
Barring that, maybe have a look in the Registry.
Also another trick, that used to be important under XP : if you get to that point, and it asks for the URL of the webfolder, make sure you add ":80" after the hostname.
Like "http://davhost.company.com:80/dav-folders";
XP is known to try to interpret this as a Netbios name otherwise.