Re: Apr_bucket_read() failed when uploading files

Just as info, in case there is any doubt : our application uses perl cgi-bin scripts, themselves using CGI.pm, to process POSTed html form data, including files. Some of these files are original documents (images, PDFs, etc..) up to 30 MB in size. We do this all the time, have done it for years, on a variety of platforms and Apache2/perl5/CGI.pm versions, and have never seen it fail (except when there is a real network problem or the client cancels in the middle). This is not to say that it can't happen, but merely to say that at the very least it is not a common problem at the Apache2/perl5/CGI.pm level.

"Connection reset by peer", in my experience, means just that : the client went away before it sent all the data (or something between the client and the server interrupted the connection). The second part of the message (ap_content_length_filter) tends to suggest that there may be a discrepancy between what the client says the content length is, and what it is in reality..

How exactly is this data being POSTed by the browser ? via a standard POST of an html <form>, or via some Ajax/javascript/java code or the like ?