New DOS HTTP tool

Hi community.
Just for information :

"In considering the ramifcations of a slow denial of service attack against particular services, rather than flooding networks, a concept emerged that would allow a single machine to take down another machine's web server with minimal bandwidth and side effects on unrelated services and ports. The ideal situation for many denial of service attacks is where all other services remain intact but the webserver itself is completely inaccessible. Slowloris was born from this concept, and is therefore relatively very stealthy compared to most flooding tools."

You can find all (including Perl source code) here : http://ha.ckers.org/slowloris/ - http://ha.ckers.org/blog/20090617/slowloris-http-dos/

That seems interesting. I've been told about mods, such as mod_security or mod_evasive that could take care of that (no tested, on my way)

Any suggestions, ideas ? ;)

Julien.P