Re: Tomcat 6 classpath issue

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 11:52:26AM +0100, Tom Brown wrote:
> This is really for the tomcat list but my subscription is taking ages to
> come through so...

Yes, this is the place for Apache HTTPD questions, not Apache Tomcat
questions.

> On tomcat 6.0.18 i need to set the classpath of a webapp, its the only
> webapp running inside this tomcat.
>
> i believe i need to do something like the following in the web.xml
>
> <context-param>
> <param-name>classpath</param-name>
> <param-value>/my/webapp/conf</param-value>
> </context-param>
>
> but this seems ignored so can anyone point me to the syntax of what this is
> and where to put it ?

There's no reason it shouldn't be ignored, unless your app. has code
to fetch this parameter and tinker with its own CLASSPATH somehow.  I
don't believe that a servlet container is expected to care about some
context parameter that happens to be named "classpath".

It appears there's no way to do what you want to do; you'll have to
copy the relevant .class and/or .jar files into the app. (or ignore
advice and copy them into Tomcat's common /lib directory).  Yes,
that's crude and ugly.  See:

  http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mwood@xxxxxxxxx
Friends don't let friends publish revisable-form documents.