Re: mod_auth_pgsql and mod_auth_mysql on the same server

Marc Feist wrote:
Hi!

I'm trying to get both authentication methods running on a server.
One virtual server uses the pgsql and other virtual servers use mysql for authentication.

It all works fine except the servers using mysql have got an error_log full of lines like:
[...] [mod_auth_pgsql.c] - missing configuration parameters, referer: [...]

Is there any way to get rid of this? Maybe disabling mod_auth_pgsql for certain virtual servers? I didn't find any option anywhere.

Hi.
Not sure at all about this, since I have never used either of the above, and have not seen your full configuration.
But just as a possible hint as to where this comes from :

When you use name-based Virtual Hosts :
- everything that is in the "main" configuration (aka outside of any VirtualHost section) acts as a "default" for all VirtualHost sections. - what is defined inside a VirtualHost section (if it is) then overrides these defaults.

In other words, if there exists some configuration directive inside the main configuration, then every VirtualHost generally inherits it from there, unless it specifically overrides it inside of its own VirtualHost section.

Some kinds of directives (like "LoadModule") *must* be in the main configuration section, and they are thus inherited too, sometimes with side-effects.
That is maybe what is happening here.
Because you load some module in the main configuration, and then in a given VirtualHost do not give it the configuration directives which it expects, it complains.