man-in-the-middle https proxy

Hi all,

I have a Apache2 + mod_ssl + havp + squid as a transparent HTTPS-Proxy with virus scanner deployed.

Since mod_ssl has only the ability to host only one SSL hostname based certificate per IP I'm looking for a solution to host multiply hostnames with dynamically generated certificates based and certificated on a trusted proxy ca on the fly.

This seam as a man-in-the-middle attack from a bad guy, but this will be practical deployed in a trusted company net, which should be protected against HTTPS-virus deployment.

Has anybody seen a similar solution or knows how to patch mod_ssl or maybe a mod_ssl fork which realise such an issue ?

Astaro firewall has such a commercial solution based on closed source.

Regards
Dirk
--
GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate und Telefonanschluss