Re: Question about how to fetch html?

Brian Kim wrote:
Thanks.

Sorry for unclear explanations.

Basically I want to make my proxy system do (1) parsing the html data,
(2) analyzing the html data, (3) modifying some of the html data and
then sending it to users.

Here, the problem is that it is hard to finish (1), (2) & (3) jobs
before sending the html data.

I am looking for the way of implementing it.

Does André or anybody have any idea?

That's indeed a lot clearer.
Use (or write) an Apache filter.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/filter.html
It is much simpler and more secure than modifying the Apache code itself. The Apache API has hooks that are foreseen for that kind of thing.

As for me, the easiest way to do that would be a mod_perl output filter.
You might even find one already made, which you could just modify for your purposes.
Have a look here :
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/Filter.html
and here
http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/search?query=apache2+filter&mode=dist
and also here :
http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/search?query=html&mode=dist
and specially here :
http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/htdocs/HTML-Tree/HTML/TreeBuilder.html

Even if you do not know perl, really have a look at these modules and read their documentation, it is full of information.