From: Arnab Ganguly [mailto:aganguly01@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 12 June 2009 11:30
To: users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Apache as a Gateway

Hi All,
This is a more generic question.Is it possible to make Apache act as a getway.
At present we are using Foundry switch which nothing but acts as an VIP (Virtual IP) ,handles all the client request from the internet.It does the load balancing and internally it routes the requests  to some linux boxes. Is it possible to replace that foundry switch with Linux Box  running Apache with mod_proxybalancer ?

Any help or suggestion would be great help.
Thanks in advance.
Arnab