Re: Stable Release of Apache

On Thu, 2009-06-11 at 08:24 -0700, Mohit Anchlia wrote:
> Thanks. So if I already have some earlier version of 2.2 installed
> then does the apache install upgrades by applying patch or is it a new
> installation?

No, if you are just downloading the tarball from httpd.apache.org, then
it is a new installation. Your distribution may provide an easier update
path though.
Be careful if you just install over the top, any files from the old
version that don't exist in the new version would stay on disk. It is
often easier to preserve the conf, completely remove the original apache
install, and then reinstall.

Obviously, this is just if you are doing it from source. It is much
preferred to use your distributions package management to upgrade it.

Cheers

Tom