Re: Information in mod_status to text file

mod_status processes the request for server status dynamically. what i mean by dynamic is that, apache have structures into it which will be updated by each request and activity inside it. So there is no refresh rate at which it publishes information. Its just dynamic. Open in it a explorer and press F5 and dont release it. You will see this gettin updated continuosly.
Further, you cannot physically find the status page published by mod_status since it creates it dynamically and sends it to whoever requested it!
If you want a simple utility try using wget on the status page URL and dump it into a file to process it further. and use the query parameter "?auto" along with the actual request so that you will get a machine readable page.

Regards
Prasanna Ram

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 6:33 PM, ricardo figueiredo <ricardoogrande@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Davide Bianchi <davide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
ricardo13 wrote:
> First, I would like to write these information in a text file instead html
> page.

How about calling the status page directly from a script?
   How do I do it ?

> Second, mod_status write the information in the text file every 1 second.

I suggest you relax your monitoring a bit, otherwise you'll have more
activity by the monitoring than by the "real" thing.
   Ok. Do you suggest a time ?? 2 seconds ??? 5 soconds ??

    Thank You
    Ricardo

Davide

--
Windows: The answer to a question nobody has ever asked.