Re: How does Prefork work?

Thanks a lot for the response.

I will do some ab and siege tests to verify it, but I am trying to
conceptually understand it first.

<IfModule prefork.c>
StartServers         5
MinSpareServers   5
MaxSpareServers  20
MaxClients            250
MaxRequestsPerChild  4000
</IfModule>

I have at least 20 active apache threads (ps -ef | grep httpd), average is
about 40 threads and goes upto 70 at the peak. Does the above setting sounds
resonable?