Re: apache 2.2 and ldap group authentication

* Jeff Shearer <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2009-05-27 08:43]:
> dn: cn=SuperTeam,ou=groups,dc=my,dc=mydomain,dc=com
> ou: groups
> uniqueMember: uid=jeffshearer,dc=my,dc=mydomain,dc=com
> uniqueMember: uid=maeshearer,dc=my,dc=mydomain,dc=com
> objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
> cn: SuperTeam
[...]
> I have tried a number of configurations for group authenticaiton, all
> without success.  Following is the current iteration of my apache
> configuration for the superteam.docs directory:
>
> <Directory /files/superteam.docs>
>    AuthType basic
>    AuthName "Super Team Members Only"
>    AuthBasicProvider ldap
>    AuthzLDAPAuthoritative on
>    AuthLDAPBindDN "cn=Manager,dc=my,dc=mydomain,dc=com"
>    AuthLDAPBindPassword "secret"
>    AuthLDAPGroupAttribute uniqueMember
>    AuthLDAPGroupAttributeIsDN off
>    AuthLDAPURL
> "ldap://192.168.0.92:389/ou=groups,dc=my,dc=mydomain,dc=com?cn=SuperTeam?";
>    Require ldap-group cn=SuperTeam,ou=groups
>    AllowOverride None
>    Order allow,deny
>    Allow from all
>    Options +Includes
>    XbitHack on
>    </Directory>

First, AuthLDAPGroupAttributeIsDN should be on, since obviously your
(unique)member values *are* DNs.
(Btw, unless you require the addtional distinguishing values
uniqueMember allows for -- and from your example you certainly don't
--  you can just as well use the 'member' attribute. Both 'member' and
'uniquemember' need their values to be unique.)

Second, your "Require ldap-group" is somehow truncated, it should be
the full DN of that group (is there some documentation that implies
you can just leave away the baseDN or something?)

cheers,
-peter