Re: mod_proxy_http persistant connection issue

Anthony Catel wrote:

But if the client hand-up, the read() loop (of the client) will return.
So Apache know that the client is disconnected. Why Apache doesn't
shutdown the socket to the proxied server when this happen ?

Sorry, I was only loosely following this thread.
If indeed, at the time of the problem, Apache is reading from the client, it will notice that the client socket is closed at its next read(). And I am sure it will then close the connection to the proxied-to server also. I thought the problem was that Apache sent the request to the proxied-to server, and was waiting for that server to provide a response. In that last case, it will not notice that the client is gone, before the connection with the proxied-to server times out, and it tries to send some error to the client.