NT/AD authentication / IE / Windows XP

All of our developers are on Windows machines that run Apache 2 (though our production servers are all IIS) [since XP’s IIS can’t run multiple IIS web sites, our developers need to use Apache].  Some of the sites we developer require Acitve Directory authentication (internal administrative sites). For that, we use the mod_auth_sspi module, and it works fine in Firefox.  However, we also need to test in Internet Explorer, and any time we log in on IE, we get the “Authorization Required” screen.  Looking at the error log, the message seems to be “user unknown” or “bad password”.

I’ve tried searching many times for other people having this problem and haven’t been successful. So, it may be something in our configuration. Here’s a sample from my vhosts file (with identifiable info redacted):

      <Directory / >

            AuthName "Enter your Redacted login"

            AuthType SSPI

            SSPIAuth On

            SSPIAuthoritative Off

            SSPIDomain redacted.lan

            SSPIOfferBasic Off

            Require valid-user

      </Directory>

Has anyone seen this before?  I’d appreciate any help.

Scott Brady

Lead Application Developer

Memolink, Inc.