Re: Apache hangs when maximum connection beyond 2000

BipinDas-Gmail wrote:

My goal is to set up this server for serving around 2000 connections simultaneously with minimum load. Any more changes to be needed ?

Do you need to have 2000 simultaneous *open* connections, or do you simply need to serve 2000 users simultaneously visiting your web site?

If the former, I'd suggest using a threaded MPM. If you're worried about non thread safe PHP you can use fastcgi for PHP.

If the latter and if the single requests are beeing served fast, you could try lowering the keepalive timeout (or turn off keepalive) and see if that helps.

Regards
/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman
Fruktträdet & Förbundet Sveriges Dövblinda