Re: Fwd: Home Web Server

Thank you for the tips. I have to clarify my current configuration

Listen 8080
ServerName 24.78.136.243

Now both http://192.168.0.100/ and http://192.168.0.100:8080/ are working. Still need testing external IP 24.78.136.243.

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 11:33 AM, André Warnier <aw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Justin Zhang wrote:
Is my cofiguration right?

Listen 192.168.0.100:80
ServerName 24.78.136.243:80

Not entirely.  Simplify :
Listen 80

ServerName 24.78.136.243

Some tips :
- do not make changes to the configuration unless you know exactly why you are making them, and what you are doing.
- make one single change at a time, restart Apache, and check that it still works like it did before.
- do not make changes in-between messages that you post here, or else you will upset the people trying to help you, and they will not answer anymore

You have a basically working Apache now. Do not ruin it, or else it is going to be very hard to fix what does not work yet.
So far, your problem does not seem to be with Apache, but with the network outside of Apache.

Now about the change I recommended above, and why : is unnecessarily restrictive. It means that your Apache will *only* process requests that arrive on its interface that has the IP address "192.168.0.100".  So it would not process request that arrive on is interface 127.0.0.1 (the loopback interface).
Listen 80
means : process all requests arriving for port 80, no matter through which interface they arrive.