Apache recycle

We are having issues with Apache 2.059 on windows when it recycles.
Occasionally the error.log will lock and not be accessible to the system
at all anymore.  The other issue we are having is with the recycling
itself.  It just stops and the web server will no longer recycle when it
reaches max requests.  We can force a restart with the Apache -k
restart, however it will not recycle itself on its own until it is
stopped and started.  We have this occurring in multiple environments
with Windows 2K and Windows 2k3.

ServerRoot "D:/apache2"
PidFile logs/httpd.pid
Timeout 300
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 5
Win32DisableAcceptEx
EnableSendfile Off
Enablemmap Off
Listen 80

##############REQUIRED MODULES########################
#allow,deny directives
LoadModule access_module modules/mod_access.so
#alias directive
LoadModule alias_module modules/mod_alias.so
#cgi handling
LoadModule cgi_module modules/mod_cgi.so
#DirectoryIndex directive
LoadModule dir_module modules/mod_dir.so
#control environment sent to CGI scripts
LoadModule env_module modules/mod_env.so
#custom log configurations
LoadModule log_config_module modules/mod_log_config.so
#handle mimetypes correctly
LoadModule mime_module modules/mod_mime.so
#further control environment sent to CGI scripts
LoadModule setenvif_module modules/mod_setenvif.so
#mod_perl 2.0
#LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so
#server status server-status
LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so
#mod_expires
LoadModule expires_module modules/mod_expires.so
######################OPTIONAL MODULES################
#.htaccess files
LoadModule auth_module modules/mod_auth.so

#SSL support
#LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so

#compressed content
LoadModule deflate_module modules/mod_deflate.so

#rewrite urls
#LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

#Log Rotation
LoadModule log_rotate_module modules/mod_log_rotate.so

ErrorLog logs/error.log
LogLevel crit

LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"
%D %{seedG77a}C" combined
LogFormat "%t \"%r\"" small
LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer
LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent
CustomLog logs/access%m%d-%H.log combined

I have included the modules and the logging we are doing if needed so
there is as much information as I currently have.  The odd thing is when
this error occurs there is nothing logged in the log that can be seen
even if we set it to debug.  Please let me know if there is any
additional information required and I appreciate any suggestions that
are given.

Thank you,
Rich

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access or use by any other person to this internet email is not authorized and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete or destroy this email. If you do not wish to receive future emails from this sender, please reply directly to this email requesting you be removed from any mailing list.