Are ssi pages cacheable?

Hi all,

I have a site that uses ssi to include parts of the content dependent on
the url and a file that contains information about the latest news.

The state can be seen in http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/BOJA which
points to the latest bulletin. As you can see the right hand navigation
has highlighted "Último boletín".

As soon as a new bulletin comes out the ssi part changes the
highlighting to "Boletines por fecha" as can be seen in
http://juntadeandalucia.es/boja/boletines/2009/82/index.html

Now I would like to give all "Boletines por fecha" pages an ETAG but I
wonder how I can do this. Anybody can give me some pointers?

TIA

salu2

de la Información, S.A.U. (SADESI)