Re:

Rocco Scappatura wrote:
Thanks Karel for your answer.

On Mer, 29 Aprile 2009 19:34, Karel Kubat wrote:
<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerAdmin webmaster@xxxxxxxxx
   DocumentRoot "C:/Apache2.2/htdocs/virtualhost2"
   ServerName virtualhost.mysite.it
   ErrorLog "logs/virtualhost.mysite.it-error_log"
   CustomLog "logs/virtualhost.mysite.it-access_log" common
</VirtualHost>

I forgot to mention the default virtual host just before the one above
that is sit in my virtual host conf file:

<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerName www.mysite.it
	DocumentRoot "C:/Apache2.2/htdocs"
</VirtualHost>

Please read http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/name-based.html
Basically you will need two virtual hosts listening to *:80. The first
one must have a ServerAlias www.mysite.it and the second one
virtualhost.mysite.it.

That should do the trick.

Anyway I added the ServerAlias directive as well but nothing of good has
happened.. :-(

Please read what I report below again (I think that this is the key of the
mistake):

Basically it happens that the request for http://www.virtualhost.it is
seen by
Apache as a request for / (no matter what is the virtual host) and so
proxied to Tomcat.

So I think that the header Host: is considered after mod_proxy and so the
request is forwarded to Tomcat.

With respect, I think that this does not make sense.
Apache has to first parse the Host: header, before it even knows which <VirtualHost> should handle the request. So it can certainly not apply any specific VirtualHost section directive before it has read and understood this header.

Think of another scenario to confirm/deny.
;-)