Re: RewriteMap PRG By Example Using C

It was thus said that the Great Brian Mearns once stated:
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 1:58 PM, ricardo figueiredo
> <ricardoogrande@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Sorry,
> >
> > Let me explain my situation again.
> > I'm using directive RewriteMap using external rewriting program.
> > This program is developed in language C.
> >
> First of all, like Eric said yesterday, you need a loop in your main
> function. The program is not invoked every time the rewrite needs to
> be applied, it is started once when the Apache server starts, and just
> gets a new line of input for each request to be mapped.
>
> Second, you need to terminate your output with a newline. Apparently,
> apache gave up waiting for your program to give it a valid output (one
> that is terminated by a newline) and decided to go with an empty
> value, instead. Using fflush is probably a good idea, but you'll want
> to make sure it's inside the loop, so the output gets flushed for
> every mapping.
>
> To make this a proper program for this use, it should read an entire
> line up to and including the linebreak (which Eric also said). I think
> gets or fgets will do the job just fine, and then if you want to use
> scanf, you can use sscanf to scan the string that you read with fgets.
> Second, you'll want some way to terminate the loop, so it doesn't run
> forever. I'm not sure exactly how this is normally handled (or maybe
> apache even forcibly kills the program when it's done, but that's
> unlikely). My best guess would be if you read an EOF on standard
> input, you can quit.

  Avoid gets() and use fgets().  Heck, the program is easy enough:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main(int argc,char *argv[])
{
  char input[BUFSIZ];
  int  id;

  while(fgets(input,BUFSIZ,stdin) != NULL)
  {
    id = strtol(input,NULL,10);
    switch(id)
    {
      case 111: fputs("/index.html",stdout); break;
      case 222: fputs("/new.html",stdout); break;
      case 333: fputs("/tests.php?var=4/8"); break;
      default:  fputs("/bogusrequest.html"); break;
    }
    fputc('\n',stdout);
    fflush(stdout);
  }
  return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

fgets() returns NULL on EOF, strtol() will do the conversion for you (I find
it easier to use than scanf() but that's me) and I even added a case for an
unexpected value.

  -spc (Hope this helps)