Re: Windows Vista DocumentRoot relocation issue 403 Forbidden

Thanks, I've just realised what a stupid mistake that was.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Covener" <covener@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: Windows Vista DocumentRoot relocation issue 403 Forbidden

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 8:42 AM, Ian Cant <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, I am experiencing problems installing Apache 2.2.11 including open-ssl
onto my Windows Vista Ultimate (no service pack) machine. I have followed
tutorials I have seen online about running the installer from command prompt
(as Adminstrator) and installing Apache outside of the Program Files
directories. I have installed into C:\apache. I wish to change the
DocumentRoot from the standard htdocs (which does work) and move it to
c:\webroot. However when I do this I am returned a 403 Forbidden error. I
have tried to copy and paste the existing htdocs directory (from c:\apache
too c:\webroot\htdocs) amending the htpd.conf file as applicable and still
experience the same difficulty. I am a new user of Vista so not 100% on
everything as yet. Done some searches online and have'nt been able to pick
up anything. Thanks In Advance. Ian

What does your error.log say when you hit the 403? Did you update all
the references to c:\apache\htdocs, or just the DocumentRoot line?
You need to do the former.

--
Eric Covener
covener@xxxxxxxxx